Friday 18 March 2011

Chicken Chilli

Wow! What a very cool night and quite frankly, it was well deserved after a very, very long week!

I popped round to Jeff’s after work and he had put the tulips and the sweet peas out so they could get some sun. I remembered to take a photograph so as you can see, they have grown quite a lot in the last 6 weeks! Whilst it seems to be below freezing tonight, hopefully we will put them out during the days and they’ll get enough light to carry on growing and soon we should see some flowers :-)

Another amusing thing is that the birds in Jeff’s garden seem to have gone through nearly BOTH bags of bird seed that he bought 2 months ago – that’s 30Kg of birdseed in 3 months! They are some greedy birds, although I guess it’s a good thing that we’re helping to keep the Robins, Thrushes Sparrows, Blackbirds, Magpies, Wood pigeons, Green finches, Coal tits and Blue tits in food!

So, after the birds were fed, we headed out to the supermarket to get all the ingredients necessary for Iva Garten’s ‘Chicken Chilli’ – the recipe we saw on her television program a couple of days ago. Whilst we did record it on Jeff’s Skyplus box, I managed to find the recipe online, therefore we didn’t need to re-watch the program for yet another time, hurrah! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-chili-recipe/index.html We roasted the chicken breasts in the oven and chopped up all the vegetables and off we went. I have to say, it was a pretty easy recipe to follow and soon the kitchen was smelling of chicken chilli.

We had bought some nachos, sour cream, cheese and salsa and popped it all on a plate – result! It was absolutely gorgeous and just the right amount of chilli (Jeff can handle much hotter dishes than me, so I was the one who thought it was perfect).

We ate food and then watched some more random TV – tonight was ‘Miami Ink’ which I’m rather enjoying at the moment, especially as I want to get another tattoo this year, however am waiting until I’ve lost a little bit more weight as apparently if you want a tattoo on your thigh, it’s best to wait until you’ve got the shape you want. Soon, though, I hope, I’ll get a peacock feather tattoo! We also watched some more Iva Garten after our success of following her recipe and found a rather nice rosemary and garlic rub for lamb.

I’m writing this at home, with my cat on my lap, having driven back from Jeff’s house – We’re spending the whole of tomorrow together, I’m cooking breakfast for him at my house and then we’re chilling before heading off into London to the classical music concert. Roll on the fun weekend!

-Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment